Shortie Says

Jena. 23. Green Eyes. Coffee. Music. And, obviously books.

Sweet Venom (Sweet Venom Series #1)

Sweet Venom (Sweet Venom Series #1) - Sweet Venom is one kick-ass story with tons thrilling moments and a new twist on the story of Medusa. I really enjoyed Sweet Venom and I'm dying to (pun intended) sink my teeth into book 2!Sweet Venom literally kicks off with Gretchen who slays "beasties" and sends them back to their dimension. Gretchen is a descendent of Medusa and has grown up with her hypnotizing eyes and strength to slay beasties. While out on a hunt, Gretchen bumps into Grace who happens to look identical to her and can also see these creatures. After some communicating, Grace realized why she can see these creatures, that Gretchen and her are twins, and that their world seems to be getting more dangerous. As Grace trains, relationships develop, and more beasties are slayed, they girls find out that they are not only twins, but triplets. When they find their triplet Greer, she isn't the most welcoming, but the three girls learn quickly that they will have to stick together if they want to make it out alive.There are so many relationships throughout this book. There is Gretchen and her mentor + Nick, Grace and her family + Milo, and Greer and her household + Kyle. Not to mention, all the school drama between Grace and Gretchen. You would think with three different view points being told, and everything going on it would be hard to follow, but guess what... it's not! Tera Lynn Childs does a beautiful job of weaving the three girls stories together in a way that makes you love reading about them. They're all so completely different too. Grace is the sweet, girl next door type. Gretchen is the hardcore, used to being alone, I'm going to kick ass type of girl. And finally Greer is the privileged one with expensive taste and a hot boyfriend.I honestly loved Gretchen and Grace from the start... Greer had to grow on me, and I admit she did. All three girls come from completely different backgrounds. Now, of course there are other characters that I totally loved. I have to admit, Grace's brother Thane was my favorite character. I'm not sure why because he is the "quiet" type throughout the whole book, but there is something about him that I find alluring. Plus, his name is SO unique and hot, I definitely cannot wait to find out more about him in book2!! Another two boys we are introduced to are Milo and Nick. Milo has "mint green" eyes... which we all know is an instant win for me! And he's a soccer player... I like athletic! And finally Nick, Nick is just adorable. I honestly love his demeanor and how persistent he is. I found myself really liking him. I honestly cannot wait to find more out about these characters in book2!Sweet Venom is a thrilling read with action around every corner... literally. Plus, the Greek mythology throughout the book is unique and I loved reading about it! Tera Lynn Childs writes the story beautifully and ending is one of those "Oh my god did that just happen?!?! WHERE IS BOOK 2?!" moments. There are so many questions I want answered, and so many things I want to know about. Sweet Venom was a truly exciting read and I loved it. Cannot wait to read the next one! :)PS. I love when the chapter pages have designs... so the swirls on each chapter page in Sweet Venom = Love!