Shortie Says

Jena. 23. Green Eyes. Coffee. Music. And, obviously books.

Nevermore

Nevermore - Kelly Creagh Nevermore was a beautifully wrapped story of romance, struggles, and literature. And by literature I mean Edgar Allen Poe. I loved this book. I whipped through it so fast, and it is not a small book... it's about 543pgs.Nevermore starts off with Isobel, and her perfect cheerleader status, her perfect football boyfriend player Brad, and her perfect friends and family. Her world starts to get turned upside down when she's assigned to do any English project with Varen Nethers, who everyone thinks is a freak, an outcast. As Isobel and Varen start to get closer, her world is turned into something else completely and literally. She's haunted by visions and creatures; And she has no idea why. All she knows is that her perfect world is falling apart, and that she must risk everything to set things right.I really, really enjoyed this book. I loved Isobel; It's probably partly because she is so much like myself. Blonde, Cheerleader, Tumbler, and strong (emotionally and physically). I love how Isobel stands up for herself and Varen. Another character I really loved was Danny. Ohmygoodness, he was a piss! He was so funny, yet so caring... I adored him! Finally, Varen... Yes we know he is completely misled, but we didn't get overly enough detail as to what exactly is going on with him and I can't wait to find out more about him. Varen in my eyes, is hot. I love that emoness, how he's protecting, and GREEN eyes... well green eyes sells me.This book was an adventure which weaves Poe's stories through it, and it was very creatively done. I cannot wait for the sequel... the ending of Nevermore killed me, I was like "what?! NO! You've got to be kidding me!!" Then I found out that the sequel isn't coming out till 2012, so now I'm basically bumming... but I'm sure it'll be well worth the wait, and here's hoping that good things will happen for Varen! :)