Shortie Says

Jena. 23. Green Eyes. Coffee. Music. And, obviously books.

Slice of Cherry

Slice of Cherry - Dia Reeves This book was down right crazy. Insanity really. It is so twisted. There were so many moments where I was like wtf?! Where does she come up with this stuff? That being said, this book was fantastically written. Dia certaintly has a mind of her own and she uses it to suck her readers in to a world that is most defiantly its own. We start off with Kit and Fancy Cordelle, who are well the Bonesaw Killer's daughters. And yes, they are just as twisted. They start to find that they themselves have their own powers, and begin to use them for good... so they believe. As the story progresses, Kit and Fancy start to fall for Ilan and Gabe, whom are the son's of their father's last murder. As everything starts to weave together and fall apart, are things as they always believed them to be... or is there more? I have to admit, I bought this book because I ADORED "Bleeding Violet" and I thought I would ADORE all of "Slice of Cherry" as well. Don't get me wrong, I loved Slice of Cherry, I thought it was brilliant, but that being said I had to get into it first... and that didn't happen until about 200 or so pages in. The first half of this book is so twisted, it's almost creepy. After you get past the super twisted, the plot picked up for me and I whipped through it so fast because I HAD to know what was going to happen. Another reason, is that the cover and the back is STUNNING. It defiantly win's one of my favorite cover awards. Kit and Fancy are killers to say the least. They are so alike, yet so different at the same time. And I love how Dia brought music and art into the book... love love love. Another thing I loved was that she put Hanna and Wyatt into a scene!!! (From Bleeding Violet) Big smiley face! Ilan and Gabe were fantastic characters as well, they had so much going on within each of them and I loved finding out their story and hurting with them. Also, Franken... I was so happy at how his story worked out, I liked him! haha. This book is most certaintly a tale of it's own. You will find nothing like it, I promise you. If you like twistedness, family relationships, finding out who you are, romance, and oh did I mention killing? Well this book is for you. Before I go, one of my favorite quotes from the book: "The worst thing you can do is rest all your hopes on a wish. A granted wish doesn't equal a perfect life." - PG 120