Shortie Says

Jena. 23. Green Eyes. Coffee. Music. And, obviously books.

Angel Burn (Angel (Candlewick))

Angel Burn (Angel Trilogy, #1) - L.A. Weatherly A fast-paced, action filled, fantastic whirlwind of a story. I loved this book, it had everything in it I could have asked for and more.We start off with Willow, who believes she's just a normal girl with psychic powers. When a girl from school asks her for a reading, Willow starts to realize there is something much bigger going on and that Willow may not be who she thought she was. After realizing she is in the wrong place at the wrong time, swoon-worthy, Alex comes to her rescue and takes her away from everything she's ever known. Willow quickly finds out that Alex is an Angel Killer and was sent to kill her. Together they begin to realize that something very wrong is going on between earth and the angels, and Willow may be the key to stopping it.Let me first start off by saying I absolutely ADORE the switching view points. The chapters constantly flip-flop between Alex's POV and Willow's POV and I LOVED that. Being able to get into both characters mind and see how each one reacts to a situation or feeling was fantastic. It was very well written.With Angel Burn, there was never a dull moment. There is always someone around the corner hunting them, always some kind of fight, always some intense emotion, and I loved every page. Seeing the growth between Alex and Willow is another thing I loved. He is trained to kill beings like her, and yet he can't. The struggle of what's right, and what they want is constant, and I loved watching both Willow and Alex grow emotionally.Willow, I loved her character. She is a strong girl, who leaves everything she knows behind, to accompany someone she doesn't even know, to possibly protect her family and herself. She changed everything she knows and believes in for the good of the world, and that takes an extremely strong character. Watching her, watch Alex I loved too. He's a constant battle in her head. Even though she knows she should hate him, she can't. I loved watching the love grow. It was intense and I loved it.Alex, oh alex. I love him. Muscles, athletic, dark hair, confident, "bluish gray, like a storm at sea" eyes.... how can you not love him?! And his last name is Kylar... Alex Kylar, how gorgeous is that name?! Alex, is a trained AK (Angel Killer, and though he should hate Willow, he can't, he's too attracted to her, to in awe of everything she does and I just love that about him. Alex is definitely one of my top 5 boys.I loved every aspect of this story, the fighting, the love, the betrayal, and the struggles. Everything just fit together so well, and I am dying to read the next one. I need to know what happens between Alex and Willow and all their up coming adventures! 5 out of 5 stars!