Shortie Says

Jena. 23. Green Eyes. Coffee. Music. And, obviously books.

The Replacement

The Replacement - Brenna Yovanoff An eerie, haunting story that will make you wonder why anyone would want to live in Gentry.We start off with Mackie Doyle, who knows he's different from his family and his friends. He has super dark eyes, can't stand being near any kind of iron, and is forced to keep a low profile. He's not the only thing off in his town though, and everyone seems to know that Gentry is a eerie place to live. When Mackie starts to get extremely sick, and his friend Tate's sister is pronounced dead, Mackie will have no choice but to dig into the twisted underground of Gentry.I have to say, I originally bought this book when it was first released, but I kept putting it off. As more and more reviews came out, the jury seemed very mixed on the story, so I kept putting it off. Well, I shouldn't have because I really enjoyed The Replacement! It's a very different story, unlike anything I've read before. It was eerie, dark, twisted, and intense. It also had amazing quotes, and that's a huge plus for me!I adored Mackie's character. He knows he's different, he feels like he's never belonged, and he tries not to stand out because the town would hate him if they knew the truth. In reality, Mackie always belonged, he proved that you can be different and still be normal. Mackie is so real for me in the way he pins after hot girls, hangs with a certain group of friends, plays bass, but ends up in love with one tough chick. I loved him and was rooting for him till the end.Tate... Oh man Tate is a tough little cookie. She's almost like a pitbull but still shows love to those who actully mean something to her. I also loved Roswell... Now he is a TRUE friend. One I would most certainly always want on my side!I also loved the scary town and mysterious underground that the author created. I personally would never want to live there, but it was oh so intriguing to read about!I thought it was a fabulous story and very unique. I love how there's romance, and it moves like a real love life, but it's not the main story. I also loved the darkness of it all, books like these fascinate me. If you're on the fence about this one, I suggest giving it a shot! :)