Shortie Says

Jena. 23. Green Eyes. Coffee. Music. And, obviously books.

Undercurrent: A Siren Novel (Siren Novels)

Undercurrent - Tricia Rayburn Seductive? Leave you breathless? Whoever wrote that couldn't have been more dead on. I just finished Undercurrent and I'm still sitting here like O_O. Undercurrent was just as good or even better than Siren. I loved every aspect of it. There were a few twists I just did not see coming that blew my socks off.Undercurrent starts right where Siren left us. Vanessa is back home in Boston and ready to start the school year. With Paige joining her at home, her amazing boyfriend, Simon, by her side, and all the sirens from Winter Harbor frozen what could go wrong, right? With the pressure of school and college Vanessa gets the attention of the school's most popular player, Parker King and the feelings just may be mutual. So, Vanessa starts to doubt things with Simon, more people are turning up dead, and things seem to be changing, Vanessa will have to discover the problem quicker than she thinks.Let me just start by saying it is SO rare if I cry/tear up while reading. Only a select few have ever made me cry (a couple being: Forbidden by: Tabitha Suzuma and Feed by: Mira Grant). I must be really invested in these characters because at the end of Undercurrent, I was tearing up. Oh man those fast few pages killed me... for more than one reason actually. Only one reason made me tear up though. And no, I'm sorry I can't tell you. I won't spoil. I will say, it takes amazing words and an amazing book to make me tear up though.I couldn't have asked for Undercurrent to be any different. I loved the characters, the writing, the surprises, the love triangle, the suspense, the opening chapter heheh ;), just everything about it was brilliantly crafted. And let me just say I love Simon. I loved Simon all through-out Siren and I still loved him all through-out Undercurrent. He is the cutest boyfriend ever. He is just so sincere.I'm still sitting here like "O_O". Excuse me while I take my own seaweed shot or something because I'll need something to hold me over until Pulse (Book 3). (Just one little outburst: How could you end it like that Tricia?!?! AHH. I hope it resolves in Pulse, oh gosh. I hope, I hope, I hope.).If you read Siren, please go buy Undercurrent you will not be disappointed (at least in my opinion). It's quick-paced, suspense packed, and will pull at your heart strings. Undercurrent has 'lured' me in every way. I am anxiously awaiting Pulse. Five out of Five stars.