Shortie Says

Jena. 23. Green Eyes. Coffee. Music. And, obviously books.

The Girl of Fire and Thorns

The Girl of Fire and Thorns - Rae Carson The Girl of Fire and Thorns is a unique book of secrets, courage, and betrayals. Elisa is a sixteen year old girl who needs to embrace her destiny if she wishes to help the people around her and even more survive.On her sixteenth birthday Princess Elisa is set to be married to the gorgeous King Alejandro. What she doesn't know is that it is for her own safety as well as an aid to Alejandro's kingdom. See, Elisa is the "chosen one". She bears the Godstone, and only one is chosen every century. She doesn't know love or strength yet, but she must rise above herself in order to protect those close to her and reach her destiny.I have to admit, unfortunately, I could not get into this one. At first, I honestly was going to stop and add it to the list of "could not finish", but for some reason I kept reading. And, I'm actually glad I did. From part 2 on... the story did pick up for me. Elisa learns who she needs to be and you can see her mature throughout the story. Also from part 2 on, I started to enjoyed the characters we met much more. And I honestly felt extremely bad for Elisa towards the end... it seemed that every time she was ready to love, it was ripped away from her.Just because I could not get into it, doesn't mean anything though. I am just one opinion in hundreds maybe thousands! There are still good things I saw about the book. I saw a main character grow into herself. I saw a strong girl deal with love and loss. The book is also extremely unique and writing is very well done. I am only one person expressing my opinion, so if you are interested in the book, pick it up and try it out for yourself! Unfortunately, it was just not for me. =/