Shortie Says

Jena. 23. Green Eyes. Coffee. Music. And, obviously books.

Between the Lines (Between the Lines, #1)

Between the Lines (Between the Lines, #1) - Tammara Webber Compelling and seductive. Between The Lines is the story of a group of actors who, while on the set of a movie, find themselves battling their own inner feelings.Reid Alexander is hot and he knows it. Being a Hollywood star, he gets whatever he wants and he just landed the lead in his next movie. With surprising chemistry, his co-star ends up being Emma Pierce, a not very well known actress. But, also on filming with them is Reid's ex-girlfriend Brooke and well to say they don't get along would be an understatement. And then, there's another contender... Graham Douglas. Graham is Brooke's friend and is reserved and smart. While these four actors film they also find themselves tangled with secrets, family, and emotions.Between The Lines is told from Reid and Emma's view points and I have to say I enjoyed reading from both. Reid is the all around eye candy. He's got the looks, the personality, the girls, and the connections. But, what he doesn't have is Emma. With their chemistry heating up on screen, Reid finds himself falling for Emma... or is it something else? Reid doesn't normally fall for girls but, all he knows is that he wants her and Graham stands in his way. Reid isn't only dealing with his feelings for Emma though, but with his family. His family has issues and I honestly felt sorry for Reid during parts of the book.Emma on the other hand, while she is infatuated with Reid, she also feels the chemistry with Graham and she is completely uncertain of what way to fall. I liked Emma a lot. It was intriguing to follow Emma, because I'm sure we all know what is feels like to like two guys at once. And if one is showing interest, but the other is backing off, well what do you do? And what happens when you thought there was a connection but nothing seems to be coming out of it? Plus, Emma deals with her family and tries to continue to lead a normal life. Emma just seemed so real to me. Real as in, she acted and felt how any normal person would act being her situation.My favorite character though was probably Graham. He's so caring and cute. I also love the fact that he's 20 years old and he's been through a little more and he knows what he wants. Graham and Emma's interactions through out the story completely made me smile. They have the perfect banter and routines.I really enjoyed the realness of this story. There was also a twist I was not expecting at all, and it goes to show you that you never really know all of someone's secrets. It also shows you that sometimes what you need is right in front of you if you just open your eyes. While I was pleased by the ending, I still wanted more. And low and behold there is a sequel! Though I must admit even though I'm excited for it, with the synopsis for Where You Are, I am a little nervous. Between The Lines was a fantastic story and I cannot wait for the sequel.