Shortie Says

Jena. 23. Green Eyes. Coffee. Music. And, obviously books.

Remembrance

Remembrance - Michelle Madow Remembrance is the type of book that I just sigh of happiness when I'm done reading. It's a quick, completely captivating read that I found hard to put down.We start off with Elizabeth, or Lizzie, who has a good boyfriend, a good best friend, and an overall good life. It all gets turned upside down when she meets New York new boy, Drew Carmichael. She instantly feels connected to him and him to her. But, there are complications and things that Liz has no idea about. Will these two be able to figure out the past and get a second chance? Or will the past remain the past?I truly enjoyed everything about this book. I thought the dialogue was fantastic, the pace moved perfectly, the romance completely charming, and the whole story brilliant. The story deals with fate, second chances, and reincarnation. And, I completely believe in it all. I 100% believe in second chances. Plus, have you ever seen someone at a mall or a beach and just thought you somehow felt connected to them? Or met someone for the first time and instantly felt like you knew them all your life? I have before. And it makes you stop and think to yourself... could you have existed in a past life? Did you know them before? I love believing in mysterious things such as this and Remembrance touches on this subject beautifully.Each aspect of Liz I found myself connecting with and enjoying; I love that she sketches. Drawing is something I've always adored doing. I also think Liz has a good heart and a good head on her shoulders. She's smart about what she does and how she accomplishes it and I really admired her for it. I also found myself really liking Jeremy in a way... though I'm not completely sure why yet. I just kept feeling that his intentions were good and he seems like the type of guy that I'd go after. And finally, Drew. Drew is the swoon-worthy, adorable guy that you can't help but fall for. The things he does to try to protect himself and Liz, his little twirks when he slipped up... I adored. Especially his "note" for Liz... I melted at that part. I just loved him.Overall, I found this book a quick and a completely enjoyable read. I've seen a lot of mixed reviews for this one and I'm not sure why. See, when I read a book that makes me smile and unable to put down, it's instantly a win for me. So personally, I cannot wait to read the next installment... though I'm afraid of Chelsea... I'm sure I'll love it.