Shortie Says

Jena. 23. Green Eyes. Coffee. Music. And, obviously books.

Pretty Crooked

Pretty Crooked - After reading Pretty Crooked, I had one of those sighs of happiness. It's a lot different than the YA books I've been reading lately. It's unique, fun, real, and a quick read that I'm sure every reader is going to enjoy. I absolutely loved this book!We start off with Willa, and her young single mom, who have just moved to Paradise Valley, Arizona. Willa and her mom move a lot... and this time Willa is pretty sure its permanent. She also gets to attend Valley Prep, which is an expensive school. By luck, Willa ends up fitting right in with VP's royalty... The Glitterati, the three most popular girls in the school. But being apart of the Glitterati isn't all is cracked up to be. So Willa creates a plan to steal from the rich and give to the poor. With the help of Tre and a friendship with the sexy Aidan, she seems to be liking her new plan. But all good things, don't last forever.You know, I have to applaud Elisa Ludwig for this one. It's a book about stealing. About family relationships. About fitting in. About good morals. And she completely flips the story on us from the beginning. I feel like in YA nowadays we get so used to the protag being this girl who doesn't fit in, but has a lovely family, falls for the popular boy and boom magic happens! But with Pretty Crooked, you get the completely opposite.Enter Willa. She bikes, she's got blonde hair & blue eyes, she's pretty, she fits right in with the popular crowd, all she has is a young single mom, and the hottest guy in school... she doesn't make it easy for him. I absolutely adored Willa. Her heart always seemed in the right place and I absolutely loved her story.I also love how with the family aspect, we actually get to see a lot of Willa's mom. It's actually a decent size of the story. And I have so many questions about it and I'm excited to see what happens with her mom in Pretty Sly. With the Glitterati, these are the girls you love to hate... minus one of them. They are the girls who make a high school experience a living hell and not only do you get to just see it happening, they are actually Willa's friends which I thought made the story much more interesting.Finally Aidan. I loved him from the moment he entered the story. Even though he has these gorgeous green-gray eyes, blond hair, and an amazing face, you can feel the slight rebel in him. The fact that he's in a place that he doesn't want to be. I loved his persistence with Willa, his adorable flirting, the fact that he loves coffee and is good with animals. SO PERFECT. I was rooting for him and Willa the whole story. I cannot wait to find out more about Aidan and to see what happens in the next book.Honestly, I think this book has something everyone can relate to. I think Elida Ludwig did a beautiful job of turning a stealing aspect into an amazing story. And, even though we're left with a lot of questions, I believe everyone will be happy with how the book ended... I know I absolutely adored the ending! I cannot wait to read Pretty Sly... it cannot come fast enough!