Shortie Says

Jena. 23. Green Eyes. Coffee. Music. And, obviously books.

The One That I Want

The One That I Want - Jennifer Echols Jennifer Echols has this way of taking twisted and tangled relationships and writing a beautiful story around them. I always enjoy everything her books have to offer and I always enjoy the endings. The One That I Want is no different.Gemma has lost 50lbs and made the majorette, but her "best friend" Addison made it too. Addison is nothing but an attention getter and things always have to go her way. While at majorette camp two super hotties from their rival school start to flirt with them. Max is the star kicker and Carter is the star quarterback... what luck huh? Gemma wants Max, but after the four of them hang out, Max chooses Addison. Still, Gemma can't seem to help but think that Max wants her back. So what's a girl to do when you want your best friends boyfriend?I really love how Jennifer made unique quirks to her main characters. Our protagonist, Gemma, has lost 50lbs (WISH I could do that...), she has purple streaked in her hair, and she dresses however she wants. It absolutely killed me to watch her relationship with Addison. That girl is a flat out witch. She is not what I would consider a friend, and I'm honestly not sure why Gemma put up with it for so long. Then there is Max. Max is not your typical love interest, just like Gemma isn't your typical main character. Max is Asian, he's a football kicker, and he says all the wrong things to girls.I absolutely loved watching Gemma and Max stumble through this story together. I was so happy with the ending for everything. I loved how the majorette aspect ended. I loved how the family aspect with Gemma and her mom ended. I loved how the friendships ended. And mostly I loved how the overall story ended.If you're looking for a quick, romantic, yet tangled story... this is for you! Or if you're just a fan of Jennifer Echols, as I am, I say definitely pick the one up! :)