Shortie Says

Jena. 23. Green Eyes. Coffee. Music. And, obviously books.

Shadows (A Lux Novella)

Shadows - Jennifer L. Armentrout Shadows has to be one of the best novellas I've read. Maybe it's because I love Jennifer L. Armentrout. Or, maybe it's because her writing always blows me away. Could it be that I somehow always relate to her stories? Or maybe it's the fact that Daemon and Dawson are sexy as heck! To be honest, it's probably all of them wrapped up in one.Shadows starts out with the family we all know and love Dee, Daemon, and now Dawson Black. The last thing Dawson expects is a beautiful brown haired, brown eyed beauty named Bethany to waltz into his life, but he cannot deny his attraction to her. And she cannot deny the intense feelings she feels for him. As the two delve into their relationship, secrets and danger are revealed.I loved this story from beginning to end... even knowing what the outcome will be. Even then, you're still hoping that Jennifer has something up her sleeve, that she'll surprise you some way and be like JUST KIDDING! And even seeing the ending coming, it doesn't soften the blow because Jennifer has a way of making you fall in love with each and every character she writes. And I truly did love them all. Dawson, is just like Daemon but sweeter, more reserved, less strict. He's a character where you love reading his voice watching his story. It's the same with Bethany, you cannot help but love her! And the fact that she's into art = major win points with me! Oh oh, and Dawson's blow up with Andrew = life made (LOVED that scene). It was also refreshing to see all the characters we know and love already too (Adam, Dee, Daemon... I, err don't, cough I guess Ashley too).It's no secret that I have loved Jennifer's books from the moment I read an ARC of Half-Blood. And I KNOW I will continue to buy and fall in love with all of her stories. If you haven't read any of her work, 1) You're crazy. Just sayin'. And 2) This book would be a fantastic place to start. Meet the characters, fall in love with them and then jump into the Obsidian series head on!