Shortie Says

Jena. 23. Green Eyes. Coffee. Music. And, obviously books.

Fateful

Fateful - Claudia Gray Historical, stunning, and imaginative. Claudia Gray took a historical event and created a beautiful, thrilling story with werewolves, romance, and a tragedy. In April 1912, Tess is a servant to the Lisle family. The Lisle family has decided to voyage to the United States aboard the RMS Titanic, and upon arriving to the US, Tess believes she'll finally be able to gain some freedom. She never expects along the journey for fall for the handsome and rich Alec Marlowe. But Alec has a secret of his own, he's a werewolf cursed to changed every single night. For Tess and Alec that isn't their only problem. They're also being hunted by Mikhail, an extremely powerful werewolf. Being hunted, class-separated, and on a doomed ship these two must trust fate to guide them to what they deserve.I have to admit, I was a little skeptical about reading this one. Not because I thought I wouldn't enjoy it, but because (don't kill me...) I never really got into the whole "Titanic" event. I am SO, so glad I read it as soon as I did, because I absolutely adored this book. In my opinion, I don't think Claudia Gray could have made Fateful any better... it was brilliantly done. The writing was absolutely beautiful and perfectly written for the time period. The character were all perfectly developed and each had a role to play. And in regards to the Titanic, it was part of the story but it was left in the background... which I also thought was perfectly done! The story revolves around Tess and not the ship, and I couldn't have loved it any more.Tess is such a brave and admirable character. Yes, she is a servant and she knows her place, yet she does what she has to for herself and the people she cares about. She has a wise head on her shoulders, and is a protagonist you are sure to love. With the characters, I have to give a quick shout out to Irene. I loved Irene and her role in Fateful. I loved how she was the reserved girl, but could certainly stand up for herself and hold her ground. Finally, Alec. Oh Alec... with your chestnut waves, broad shoulders, and gold-green eyes... can I have you? Alec is the all-around perfect boy to fall for. He's wealthy, but is modest about it. He has the perfect father. And, Alec is so self-sacrificing and caring. I loved Alec so much, 100% one of my new favorite fictional boys.I am a huge fan of Claudia Gray's Evernight Series and Fateful in no way let me down. Honestly, I was not expecting it to have the ending it had but, I was so dang happy with it. With it's exquisite writing, flawless characters, and a brilliant story line, Fateful is not a book you want to miss! Five stars out of Five!*Side note! - The Fateful cover with Tess in the red dress standing on the boat, with her blonde hair whipping around and the moon and iceberg in the background is just STUNNING and perfect.