Shortie Says

Jena. 23. Green Eyes. Coffee. Music. And, obviously books.

Hex Hall

Hex Hall - Rachel Hawkins Original thoughts: This was fantastic! Very evernight. I adored it! On to the next one...Review: Hex Hall fast moving, kick ass book about witches, demons, werewolves, vampires, and so much more!Hex Hall start off with Sophie Mercer who's a witch and after a spell gone wrong ends up at Hecate Hall aka Hex Hall. She quickly becomes best friends with her vampire roommate Jenna and worst enemies with the 3 diva dark witches Elodie, Chaston, and Anna. As the semester goes on, witches start to be attacked and Sophie can't seem to stay out of trouble. As everything starts to unwind, Sophie is falling for bad boy warlock Archer Cross and her best friend is accused of the attacks. Sophie starts to realize there are secrets she needs to figure out before she is the next one attacked. I absolutely LOVED this book! I knew right from the first few chapters I was going to fall in love with this series. The plot is so fabulous, there's a clear story, a smart ass awesome main character, perfectly executed hidden secrets, a love interest that isn't like immediate love and goes through bumps like a real relationship, there's friends and enemies, and twists you will never see coming.Character wise... I adored Sophie! Damn miss Mercer. She always has a response for everything and I love it. She has such a voice and will have you laughing, not to mention she's a strong girl. Then there's the 3 witches with a "b" instead of a "w": Elodie, Anna, and Chaston. They're you're typical HS enemies. I do have to say I think Elodie is a really pretty name. Jenna.. I loved her! She's a great best friend and her and Sophie always have each others backs. So, um, Archer Cross? Helllloooo sexy... You can call me by my last name and I will come running! This bad boy will have you swooning and heart aching all in one. Looovee him! And Cal... Phew. I like him haha. Hex Hall was fabulous! I loved every minute and the ending will have you begging for more.