Shortie Says

Jena. 23. Green Eyes. Coffee. Music. And, obviously books.

Anna Dressed in Blood

Anna Dressed in Blood - Kendare Blake I really NEED this sooner than the end of August. Someone help me!!! This book looks so amazing, it's taunting me!----If I could give this book more than 5 stars, I would. Best. Book. Ever. ----1) "And she, for whatever reason, spares his life." - How much does that last line pull you in? It seriously grabs me, and yanked me right into the story before I even started reading it.2) The cover is too perfect for words. The model is beautiful (from behind at least). The dress is gorgeous and stained blood! How awesome! The creepy Victorian in the background... the cover is just too amazing. I love it. I need a poster of it.3) In my opinion, this book is perfect in almost every way. It's a terrifying ride that taunts you with the cover, pulls you in with the first page, and keeps you entertained all the way to the final words. I couldn't have asked for a better book.We start off with Theseus Cassio, or Cas as we know him. Cas is a ghost hunter, just like his father until he was brutally murdered. Now Cas, his mother, and his cat travel to wherever they need to be so that Cas, with his father's athame, can continue to kill ghosts. After a friend tips him off, Cas and his family go in search of a ghost named Anna Dressed In Blood, who as her name says wears a dress covered in her blood and kills anyone who comes into her home. Cas feels strangely drawn to this particular hunt, and will quickly find out that she is the most powerful ghost he has ever come in contact with... so far.I am sure I will tell you how much I loved this book in every other sentence... so beware.Anna Dressed In Blood is the ultimate, perfect ghost story. Well, there was one part that I was very distraught about because it made me super sad... but, I guess that's just another reason why this book is so perfect to me. Because, it was able to pull at every one of my emotions. If you know me, you know I love creepy, eeries, intense books and normally, I even read them at night and they don't freak me out what so ever. At one part during Anna, my stomach actually dropped. At the end of the chapter I was like 'GTFO, no way, RUN!'. So thank you Kendare for that! :)When I say every emotion, I mean it. There were parts where I was some-what frightened, sad, laughing, wanted to punch someone in the face, surprised, sighing from happiness, I was just hanging onto every word. Believe me when I say Kendare has wrote one phenomenal story, one that has 100% ended up on my favorites list in my top three.I loved all the characters, as well. Actually... I disliked a few... BUT with very good reason. Read the book and you'll see exactly what I mean! Anna, Cas, Thomas, and Carmel though take my character love prize. They are all so smart, so strong, so different from one another yet all coming together, and they have everything you could ask for in characters. PS. Super sexy alert on Cas!!! ;)This story doesn't just have amazing characters though. It has lessons, witty lines, romance, suspense, murder, family, sacrifice, laughs, which all wraps up into one perfect ghost adventure that will have you turning page after page until the very end. And, when it's all over you'll be begging for more. I know, I did. The end is absolutely mind-blowing awesomeness. And I was jumping for joy when I found out there is a sequel that will be released in 2012!I cannot rave about this book enough. So as I've done before I'm going to cut myself off. A few final words though. Kendare Blake, you are a genius. I adored your writing and this story. I believe it would an amazing movie and I am SO, so (beyond words) excited to read the sequel! To everyone reading this, go pre-order/buy this book! You will not be disappointed. If I could give this book a million stars out of 5 I would. Best. Ghost. Story. Book. Ever.