Shortie Says

Jena. 23. Green Eyes. Coffee. Music. And, obviously books.

Fractured Light

Fractured Light - Rachel McClellan Fractured Light pulls you in right from the beginning of the story and the action pulses all the way through. It's unique, captivating, thrilling, yet such a beautiful story that I cannot wait to get more of.We start off with Llona who lives with her uncle Jake after losing both of her parents. Llona is special though, she is an Aura which means she can manipulate light, as her mother could. But, she must constantly keep her guard up because there are those who wish to kill her for her light... the Vyken. And it was the Vyken who took her parents. Then Llona meets the mysterious (and sexy) Christian Knight and begins to become more open with the world instead of trying to be so hidden. When Llona starts to find deaths happening around her, all in the same manner, she knows something is wrong. She begins to go against the council and use her powers to fight. But, will Llona be able to save herself like her parents weren't?I truly enjoyed this story. There were constant thrill moments, struggles, mystery, angst, and yet normal fun moments thrown in too. The uniqueness of being an Aura was so wicked awesome to learn about. Being able to manipulate the light around you, use its energy, even create it to protect you was just enticing. And I'm so excited to learn more about it and the other powers this world has to offer. Even through the beautiful parts... there are gruesome parts thrown in as well. But, that's what makes me love a book so much more.. you can't have the good without the bad. And honestly props to Rachel for writing these parts because in Fractured Light, they're just eerie enough to make you cringe. And, I loved it.The characters, I also found myself loving. Llona is independent and strong. She never seems to overdo her emotions, and I absolutely love her want to fight. I loved the fighting scenes... and found myself wanting to run up a mountain in the rain. Bring it on! Speaking of that, there is also Christian Knight. UNF. Firstly, I just love his name, it just rolls off your tongue. Not only that, he's caring, smart, completely good-looking, and so protective. The scenes between these two characters held so much angst at times. I was constantly rooting for these two through-out the whole story. And I cannot WAIT to get more of the delicious Christian in the next one. And, PS. I want Llona's prom dress... gorgeous!There were also other characters that made the story what it is. I absolutely loved May. Her whole demeanor, her secrets, and how she is towards Llona. I'm curious to find out more about her in the next book as well! There's also Jake, Mr. Steele (English accent alert!), Matt, Adam... I loved all of their roles and don't think the book would be the same without them.Overall, Fractured Light is a brilliant story that will, pun intended, light up your brain. I loved Llona's story. I loved that she actually fights for herself and what she loves. And, its ending is one that will make you sigh with happiness, yet be anxious for the next book. Cannot wait for book2! Need more Llona! Need more Christian! And am so excited to find out about Lucent Academy! If you're thinking of picking this one up when it comes out... do it! You won't be disappointed.