Shortie Says

Jena. 23. Green Eyes. Coffee. Music. And, obviously books.

The Carrier of the Mark

Carrier of the Mark - Leigh Fallon Agreed with Kreag - It's like a 4.5 for me, but I always round up. :)_____This story is rainbows, moths not butterflies, suspenseful, lovely, and everything in between. I really enjoyed Carrier Of The Mark. It is a fun, cute and quick read that had me smiling so much. :)Carrier Of The Mark starts off with Megan who after losing her mother in a car crash has moved around an awful lot. Finally Megan and her father settle in Kinsale, Ireland where Megan feels strangely at home. She quickly makes new friends, but when it comes to guys she is strangely drawn to Adam DeRis, the one whom everyone tells her to forget about. As time continues, Megan becomes more and more drawn to Adam and his family who seems to be hiding something. When Adam finally seems to return her affections, Megan starts to realize that she has something within her that she could have never imagined.One thing I really liked about this story was that it's spanned over a good amount of time (months actually!). Letting Carrier Of The Mark take place over so much time, makes the story more believable for me. It actually gives the love time to mature, the friendships time to grow, and the plot time to bubble up and then spill over. And it does.I really liked all the characters in Carrier of The Mark. Caitlin is such a good best friend, I'd love her as mine! She's the total lets-hang-out-drink-coffee-and-gush-about-our-super-hot-boyfriends type of friend, yet she's there when you need her and capable of forgiving you when something goes wrong. Next, I totally love Adam's siblings Aine & Rian. I think they're both the best siblings in the world. They're protective, fun, helpful, and well duh, super-powerful! ;). I'm really hoping these two have just as big of a role in the next book (There's going to be one, right?!?). Another character I really enjoyed was Meg's father. I think I really connected with him because he's just like my father. He's completely down to earth, protective of Megan but not overbearing, trusts her to go out on her own, but completely caring and dad-like when needed.So, who did I leave out? Oh right! The main characters... powerful, strong Megan and sexy, SUPER-sexy and adorable Adam. Megan has a lot of accept through out this book. A lot is thrown at her and she accepts it all and is pretty easy-going about it. That takes a lot of courage, but it is also helpful when you have a green-eyed, super sexy, caring boy helping you along the way... aka. Adam. Adam has it all - looks, grades, caring, gentleman, an amazing family, protectiveness, the whole I'll-hold-you-while-you're-crying charm and I'll text you good morning beautiful thing going for him as well. They're love story is so cute or as Rian would describe it "pukealicious" =P. They constantly had me smiling when they were together, and that's the kind of love I like to read about.I really enjoyed the plot of this story, the landscapes, and the elements factor. With the elements if I had to chose... man how would you chose?! It would be a battle between Adam's power and Aine's power. I'm obsessed with the ocean and water, yet being able to talk to animals is seriously a dream of mine. Keeping to the plot, the only thing I would say is the ending seemed a little rushed to me. It was kind of building up and building up than the 'boom' part seemed to happen very quickly. However, I still loved the whole story and how it ended for sure! :)If you're looking for a quick, cute, awesome read... this is it! I really enjoyed reading Carrier of The Mark and I cannot wait for the next one!! I'm really eager to see where the story goes plus I need more Adam! ;) This book doesn't come out until October but make sure you go out and get it when it does! I'm sure you'll enjoy it! :)