Shortie Says

Jena. 23. Green Eyes. Coffee. Music. And, obviously books.

Shattered Souls

Shattered Souls - With an end I actually didn't see coming, Shattered Souls is a unique, fun yet intense read about trusting in yourself, helping lost souls, romance, and second chances.Lenzi is a normal high school girl... but she hears voices. Voices she cannot make go away, which worries her because she doesn't want to end up like her father who killed himself. Lenzi has her boyfriend Zak though. A sexy, musician who tries to help her. When Lenzi starts having visions of a graveyard and boy she goes and there she meets Alden. Alden reveals that she is a Speaker who can help lost souls move on and that he is her protector. When Alden starts to help with the voices in her head, Lenzi is more confused than ever and has to chose to stay with Zak and give up everything or to lead the life she's supposed to lead as a Speaker with Alden.I really enjoyed Shattered Souls. I thought it was a unique concept with writing I loved to read. Even more, I loved all the characters. Plus the name Lenzi... I adore it! It's such a pretty, unique name and I'm all about that! I have to admit, I actually loved Zak. Yes, I think he made some bad choices but had reasons for the way he was. Zak plays guitar and sings, plus is sexy! Like how can you not like him?! On the other side, there is Alden. Alden is just adorable. I love his blonde hair and gray eyes and the fact that he is SO sincere. He really only puts Lenzi first. I also really liked Race... I thought he was perfect comical relief and a good friend.I have to admit, I teared up at the very end of the book because I honestly did not see that end happening. It 100% makes sense... but my first reaction was just 'Oh my god noooo :('. I thought the concept was fantastic, the story line perfectly done, and I loved the romance. Overall, fantastic book. It's a fun, yet intriguing read that I think every one will enjoy. Five starts out of five, for sure! :)PS. I'm still hoping for a sequel!