Shortie Says

Jena. 23. Green Eyes. Coffee. Music. And, obviously books.

Wither (Chemical Garden)

Wither (Chemical Garden) - Lauren DeStefano Wither is a fantastic, sickening book that will have your mind whirling for days. And I mean that in the best possible way. I loved this book.We start with Rhine, beautiful, blonde, two-different eye color, strong-willed Rhine. Rhine lives in a world where boys die at age 25 and girls at 20. At age 16, Rhine is stolen, among with others, chosen to be someone's wife. She's torn from her life and her brother Rowen, and thrown into a world she doesn't want. She's one of 3 girls to be Liden's wife. Linden is handsome, rich, and caring but that doesn't stop Rhine from realizing how wrong everything is and that she must escape. With the help of Gabriel, a servant whom she trusts and cares for, will the outcome be what she hopes for?This book was amazing and quite frightening at the same time. I could not imagine living in a world like this! Afraid to be stolen and dying at age 20. I'm 20 now! There were scenes in this book that just disgusted me and had me saying "omg I can't believe they did that!" But that's how you know how amazing of a book it is, If it can trigger your emotions like that, and Wither certainly does. Plus, the cover is absolutely STUNNING. I ADORE this cover. ADORE.There were awesome parts too. The holograms were so cool! And all the gardens sounded beautiful, I just wanted to live there forever haha. I want some of those candies too!!! Turn my mouth different colors :)I adored Rhine. She was so strong willed and she never forgot where she came from. She was always determined, so caring, and constantly fought for what she believed was right. Rhine stood up for herself throughout the book and I so admired her for that. Her blonde flowing hair and two differed colored eyes made me love her even more! I really liked Jenna as well, I thought she played a fantastic role in the story. Cecily... The jury is still out on what I think about her. Linden. Oh Linden, not sure where start. He was very caring, and certainly gorgeous with his dark hair and green eyes, and though I constantly felt sorry for him, there were some scenes where I just was disgusted with him. Overall, I liked him though. Finally, Gabriel. You cute, adorable boy you! Bring me waffles anyway! He was such a good guy and I'm so happy how things in book one ended for him. Overall I really enjoyed this one! This is a must read! Though, I would recommend for the 16+ crowd. Lots of sexual scenes.